Old 11-11-2002, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
devastated

Jail

Originally posted by mo
Hi Devastated

Thanks for sharing your experience. I know what you mean by not wanting them to do without. My daughter has told me over and over again that the only thing to look forward to in jail is commissary day. She tells me she is hungry and cold. It is hard to listen to. Should I just say "hmm." "hmm". ???.I don't want to hear it not because I am cold-hearted. .it just doesn't mean anything in the context of my daughter being out on the street doing tricks to get drugs. Anything is better than that. and in some ways I guess I am selfish cause I feel a whole lot better with her locked away.

So I am going through a rough time. Thought I could get off my anti-depressant. Use exercise and positive thinking to straighten out my life along with minimal use of the program. .and here I am just full of bitchiness and ugly behavior myself.

So. .I will just keep on keeping on. going to a live meeting Thursday and reading my ODAT book and reading all the posts here that give me strength and hope that I can live a fairly content life.

Blessings Mo

Hi Mo:

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about feeling better with them locked away. At least you could sleep at night knowing that they were ok (I guess). Well, stay tough, don't send too much on the books...let her suffer a little because if you do what I did they know that Mom will take care of them if they go back, so no big deal! It's easy for me to say I know but, I've made up my mind if mine goes back Ill set big limits...money on the books maybe 20.00 once a month only! If that! How much time is she looking at? Try and be happy that's what I do...it's really hard right? I see my sister and her four boys and they're all great! Makes me so jealous! It's like I can't be happy for anyone that's happy and that's really horrible. No wonder bad things happen to me! Hang in there with me....Love Devastated