View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
newhope01

When I am sober (which I have logged more sober days than drunk days and my alcohol intake has dropped dramatically), I log about 3-5miles a day and about 15-25miles a week. I'm going to try and slowly increase it each week until I reach 13.1 miles. But, no I have never competed in an organized bonafide race. Ive also come to realize that I don't need to be the fastest just need to work on my endurance. There was a while there when I was pushing myself way too hard to make certain time goals but I've realized that's ridiculous and destructive. Besides, slow and steady wins the race right?

Im thinking that I have a little under a month to train for it (its on 4/21/13), and if I can't complete it what real harm has been done? I can only try and I feel confident that even if I don't complete it (I have 3.5 hrs) than I will come pretty close and that's not too bad either. Besides, it was super cheap to sign up for too.

@doggonecarl: You're right I shouldn't throw the term addiction around. I guess it just kind of raised a red flag because I tend to overdo things and running could very well lead me to starting a new obsession or hurting myself. But, I am finding it as a good distraction from alcohol and it kept me straight last night and Im hoping this trend continues.