View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newhope01

Lightbulb Replacing my Addiction

Thankfully I have finally reached day 2 again and tonight is going to be a test for me because although I am firm in my resolve for an alcohol free life, tonight after work I will be tempted like every other Friday. And I'm pretty sure its going to be bad.

But something I have been focusing on a great deal is running again. I have always wanted to complete an Iron Man and know that if I keep drinking that will never happen. So, I signed up for a half marathon next Sunday and it will be my first attempt at an organized race. I have faith that I can do it so as long as I quit drinking and continue to run instead.

Im finding that nothing else seems to get me more excited right now than running and it makes me feel a whole lot better than drinking. I want to make running my focus and am starting to think that I am replacing addictions. I certainly do experience a runner's high occasionally and I do know that addicts will sometimes jump from addiction to addiction. So, I guess this is what I am replacing alcohol with and in a way it kind of concerns me but right now Ill focus on anything to stay out of the bottle. In my head, running is better than drinking. Right?