View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marshmallow

Thank you. I was reading around this site for hours last night, and cried something terrible. But things you have said are making me realize something has to intervene and shake him in some way. And your right this week i have been walking on eggshells while I hoped he would snap out of it. Its been a week today. I have already called his therapist office and I had to leave a message but the girl at the desk said he was good about returning phone calls and i told her a little of the situation. Im sure the poor guy will have to look into his files because I know my husband has not been there in six or seven months. Ive been reading about how a relapse can start in the head long before a person takes action. I also decided to call his parents last night. I was torn about doing this, but they know about the past problems with drugs and I dont know how to handle this. I felt bad because it is Easter weekend and they were going to spend it with their daughter who lives closer to them. I begged them not to tell anyone else what was going on because he would feel so bad. His mom sounded upset and they later called me back and said she would stay home and go to their daughters, and he will come here later today.

My husband didnt come home until about 10 when he should have been home by 6. No call nothing. He drove after drinking which scares me to death. I didnt know if he would even understand what I was saying, but I told him that he was out of control, and that he had to stop. I told him I was calling his doctor and he needed to go see him, I told him I called his parents and his dad would be here late today and unless he wanted him to see him destroyed like this, then he needed to get his sh*t together now. I told him that I loved him and I knew he was hurting but all these drugs and alcohol were not helping anything. I asked if he already had trouble with his business partner and he said no because he went out of town last Wednesday for the holiday with his family. That is a big relief.

He screamed and yelled and had a drunken tantrum (no violence) about my calling his parents and his dad coming. He knows what he is doing is no longer protected. he did smash (or maybe dropped) a bottle of something in the kitchen later in the night. he continued to drink, and fell asleep on the couch. In the middle of the night he decided to come to bed. he is still sleeping.

The alcohol I dont understand. He always told me his past issue was with cocaine. He had been a very limited drinker since I have known him. Maybe a glass of wine here or there, no beer in the house, but I have seen him drink when we have been in social gatherings. But he has neve got drunk or seem affected at all. And now he is guzzling it down like water. I dont know if it is the cocaine, or an overall collapse like was mentioned.

I also think something more must have went on at work to make him this upset. Is it possible seeing an old friend and being exposed to cocaine, using it once in his office could trigger all this? I am so tired.

Thank you for the replies and the suggestions. It has helped me see things more clearly. Im so scared for when his dad gets here. I dont know what he is going to do when he wakes up. He is either going to start using again, or be very sick from all the drinking.