View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 01:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

Okay, here's my thoughts.
Since you are choosing to stay in this situation, I would suggest that you attand Alanon meetings. You will find support and understanding there.
Now......your husband may be in a bowling league - what about you? What does your life consist of other than work, children, and household responsibilities? It's time to get yourself a life!
Personally, since only having one car is an issue, can I suggest that your AH get a ride with one of his buddies or family members that are in the league? Understand upfront though, that he will blame them and his lack of a ride home for not coming home after bowling, but as it is now, he's not getting home anyways!!!! This way you have a vehicle if you need it and you have transportation for work!
I also think you need to set up some sort of "back up" plan for childcare! You don't need your children around these people if they are continuously drunk! Especially the "king of the party place"!!!!! Not to mention, that if you need to be at work and your husband doesn't make it home, this is going to be an issue that is revisited time and time again!
If you feel it's best to stay in your situation, I guess I'm trying to say that you have to figure out ways to make it more bearable for yourself.