View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marshmallow

Is this a relapse? help

Hi, I hope its ok that I post this multiple places. Newcomers suggested family forum but that forum says for 12 step, and my husband didnt use 12 step when he quit that I know of, so I dont know where to post. This one says for family too.

This is my first post, I am hoping for some advice. My husband appears to be on a binge of cocaine and alcohol, and I dont know what to do. He had a problem with drugs before we met, but he stopped using over three years ago. There havent been any problems since we have been together and I am very confused, lost now. Ive never seen him act like this and it is scary.

A whole bunch of bad, difficult stuff has happened in the last few months. Unexpected things. He came home one night last week after work and told me that he screwed up. He had a business dealing through work with an old friend and he brought some coke in, and he used some. He has become terrified because he has an agreement with his business partner about no more drugs, and has something written about being forced to take drug test and facing actions against him. We talked that night, and he seemed to be calmer, but then the next night he came home late and he was high and drinking.

Now for days he has been drinking and doing coke. Im not sure how he manages but he is still going to work and hasnt any trouble yet that I know of. But he comes home having already used, and he does more and more. I saw him inhaling it. Its in powder form. And then he drinks and finally falls asleep. the next moring he will take more coke and go to work.

He is very short with me, tells me to leave him alone. He might as well enjoy getting high if he is going down for it. he has said some awful things, and then he will later cry, tell me how sorry he is, he doesnt know what he is doing, he is scared.

He does have a therapist, but he never goes to see him anymore. I dont know if I should call him, call his friend, his parents, a doctor. I dont know what to do.

Is this what a relapse looks like? Will he stop on his own? If you have any advice I would appreciate it. he is not home from work yet. I cant even talk to him when he is high or drunk. He has never been like this before.