View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sdp

Hey Gelf.. we must've crossed posts..

The bowling is every other SATURDAY night. The bars do close, but they just go to someone's house and continue. Last year was when I coined the term "The Party Palace", as there was one particular house many people would go to.

I know I can't force him to quit, but I do think he should live up to his promises. Unfortunately, I doubt that he will. We will see what happens with that.

Regarding my kids- Right now they are too young for Alateen(10). What I try to do is keep quiet about it. I mean, they know he's gone and drinking. I don't get upset about it anymore, look for him, etc (unless there's a really good reason to do so) We just kind of do our own thing. I don't want to tell them that Daddy is sick, or whatever, as that will scare them . They love their Dad and I don;t want to create a conflict in them -ie- Mommy's mad at Dad so we should be too. And, honestly, sometimes it's nicer when he's not around. He is a lot stricter than I am (not saying much- I'm pretty laid back, almost a marshmallow)