View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sdp

Actually, Aquiana and Spirit--
It's not like it's just bowling.. It's golf (the 19th through 100th hole) , football (must be watched in a bar ) Softball (playing,then going to the bar) basketball(when the Bulls were good- shudder) etc.

And there are many times he has gone out Fri night, came home Sunday morning, sometimes Monday morning. And even if he does come home Sunday, the day is spent recovering. I had posted a little bit ago about problems with his family not including me and the kids in things. Since he is usually pretty useless on the weekends, I am responsible for entertaining the kids. I would be thrilled if someone would call with a ready made plan for something to do, but no one does. There are only so many movies you can see!

And I agree- it is not normal to stay out so much. However, for his friends and family, it is pretty much the norm. (his sister had an outfit she called her two dayer) .. However, my hub is in such deep denial he refuses to admit he is an alcoholic. He's just a social drinker. The most he will admit to is going "a *little* overboard"..

It's funny. The kids will sometimes ask where he is..

What I want to say- your no good SOB father is out boozing somewhere with his boozo buddies who he cares about more than us and won't come home until the beer runs out or his friends get sick of him (he won't shut his mouth when he drinks)

What I say- I dont know sweetie.