Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EnglishGarden

My close friend discovered her physical-therapist-boyfriend of two years was a sex addict. She found it on his computer after her instinct told her something was very wrong. All the hook-ups, the prostitutes, the group sex, everything, was there in his computer. He'd been doing this for years. She had questioned him whether he was being faithful--she had that intuition he wasn't--and he always insisted he was faithful to her sexually and emotionally. Then she found out the truth and it was shocking and mind-blowing for her. And she left him.

He told everyone in his family that he broke up with her because she didn't like to kayak.

Addicts like to look good. It is the smoke and mirrors. They break up with people because "she hates my dog", "she won't have a baby with me," "she's too controlling," "I've grown and she hasn't," "I need to focus on me," and the one that really sends a woman over the cliff: "My kids come first."

It is all a show. It is all about the smokescreen, the decoy, the diversion. Drug addicts are in love with drugs. And that's why they want a non-druggie woman to get out of their way.

At some point, you will find you need to stop all the information about him getting into your head.