Old 03-27-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
heyjack

Pondering talking to the addict once and for all

While my addict friend (we'll call her Laura) and I have stopped talking to each other.
I feel like she thinks I was over-reacting to her by questioning her if she remembered her actions and her words during our "friendship" (or w/e you wanna call it).

I'd like to either call her up, or meet her in person and tell her that she needs to get her crap together for her own sake as well as her kids.
Btw, she has quite the life, rich father who clearly had no time for her while she was growing up as he was too busy making millions.
So she has this princess/victim mentality, really odd, but of course, it's all in retrospect that I see things more clearly.
People would LOVE to have the kind of life she has, nice house, 3 cute kids, great car....(middle of separation according to her...truth or life, who knows now...oxy-talk).

My therapist said she may have a personality disorder of sorts (I looked it up, thought maybe a narcissistic personality disorder), but of course, the focus was on me and the talk about her own issues was fleeting.

But I'm assuming you're all going to say it's pointless in talking to an addict?

Anyways, yay or nay to doing a once and for all send off with my final thoughts?
Although, in our last texts to each other, I did get a little harsh with her and those who did read it said it was fine and sometimes people need to read things like that to wake them up, but I don't think it phased her and I came off looking like the a--hole.

I just feel like she really thinks I was the crazy one and for some reason I'm letting that bother me, because clearly I wasn't.

But ironically enough, maybe I am crazy just for thinking that I could actually talk to her and convince her that she has issues and not me?

She has no friends, never met any and I only heard about one friend but she lived out of the city.
What mother of 3 kids doesn't have any friends from her own children's school? Right?

(waiting to get reamed for even thinking about contacting her)