View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
battlescars

Intimacy Issues after a bad break up

It has been almost 2 years since my bad breakup with AXF. I have just met a guy who is really great. I mean, he has flaws for sure, but so do we all. I guess I'm worried because I'm finding intimacy hard still. He thinks that I "over-read" his words and actions, and that I sometimes seem to manipulate his words so that it sounds like he doesn't want to spend time with me when he feels like it's me who is trying to not hang out. I find myself not texting him back if it's taken him "too long" to text me in the day and I've left his apartment in the middle of the night because I felt scared. Of what? Nothing! My friend says I'm not ready to date yet, but it feels insane. Like it's been a long time since that terrible break up. How am I still healing from this? Argh. Anyhow, I tried to break it off this weekend because I don't feel like he deserves this flight instinct that the intimacy brings up in me. He's being very patient with me and still wants to stick around. Any thoughts? Is this normal? I mean, I was diagnosed with PTSD after that last break up but surely it should be nearly over by now.