Thread: The mil...
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
blueholly

Anvilhead,
Always the voice of harsh reality... Yes you are right. I will no longer inform his mother.. I just thought, being a mother myself of an addict. I wish someone would have told me that my son was drinking himself to death. As I thought she might want to know the same of her son. I had NO clue AS (there seems to be a pattern here of me going through life a clueless) was drinking/using again. We live 8 hours away and he was telling me how grand his life was SOBER! Needless to say, he was thrown in jail over a week ago and that is where i will leave him...
Anvilhead, I never really get the full affect of what goes on in a meth heads mind until you continually point it out to me. This is like a slow death. When I look back I was just going through life thinking this is how it was. He works, he's stressed.. As he was VERY SLOWLY manipulating and changing our life. It wasn't until about 3 weeks ago when I went to see my sister that how DYSFUNCTIONAL we really are... That he has cut off all our NORMAL friends..ect...
So yes, as much as I hate to admit it I am sure that I STILL have not grasp the depth of how bad this is... but I am trying... and learning... and I have come a long way... and still have a long way...
3 months ago leaving him was not even an option to me. I didn't think that I had that RIGHT to leave. I am slowly realizing that this is MY life and MY kids and he can't mess this up for us....
And yes, he is destroying the business and finances. We haven't made a mortgage payment in 3 months. And i am like a little mouse... frantically HIDING any dime I get my paws on, so I can have a place to live with my kids...