Thread: Legal problems
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
EverHopeful721

So glad that you took the necessary steps to protect yourself, broken, and it PAID OFF!! I can appreciate this even more because for the last few days (and especially after that whole FB debacle last night) I have found myself secretly hoping that karma will come back around to my XA, and sooner rather than later!! But it's also something I struggle with, as I'm not normally a 'vengeful' person, and I've always been content to sit back and let karma do its job in the past....but for some reason, I'm having trouble doing that this time, even though everyone keeps reassuring me that he will get his. A part of me just wants him to hurt as much as he hurt me, and honestly, I feel ashamed to admit that. I mean, God, if something happened to him physically, and especially if, well, you know....I would feel absolutely horrible (not to mention guilty, even though it's not my fault that he chooses to continue to use and put his life on the line every time). But I also continue to pray for him every night, even on nights like last night, when I don't really want to. I pray for God to help him through the mess that his life is fast becoming, to help him stop drinking/using and for him to come out the other side stronger, healthier and happier, even though it won't be with me. So even though I feel bad for wanting him to get his, I temper that with praying for him every night - but only AFTER I pray for myself first! The old me would have prayed ONLY for him and never even thought about myself, but no more! Anyway, I'm so very glad this worked out for you and that you don't have to worry about it - WELL DONE, girlie!!