Legal problems

Old 03-24-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Legal problems

Hey all so today exbf texted me after almost a month of NC and told me he was in a serious car accident and that he is in pain but....wait here is comes...I NEED TO CALL MY INSURANCE COMPANY AND TELL THEM HE WAS IN AN ACCIDENT BECAUSE THE CAR IS STILL REGRISTED AND INSURED IN MY NAME....

I terminated my policy last month i have the paperwork to prove it and I submitted a hand over of plate to the DE license office becuase i knew there was a possibility he will not hand in my plate.

I am not sure if he had a valid drivers license but the car is totaled and he is feeling sorry for himself. I did reply that to him say " my lawyer will be contacting you"

He s just feeling sorry for himself and still does not care what legal problem i get into.I am lost and dont know what to do I dont have a layer I cannot afford one.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh man.....I got into a deal like this a few years ago. My son's car was in his name and mine jointly on the title.......but my name was first. He went on a toll road and didn't go through the booth.....went flying through the automatic thing with no funds on his account to pay for it. I received 9 tickets to the tune of about $75 each. Needless to say, I went to court and fought it and the fines were dismissed. I immediately then went to the DOL and had my name removed from the title. That was my eye opener to make sure I had no further legal entanglements with my son.

If you've already taken care of the insurance and license thing, I wouldn't worry about it. But I think sharing your experience (and mine) could be an eye opener for someone else who is still entangled financially with an addict. It can cause a lot of heartache and anxiety.

I hope all works out ok for you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks KE...I am to the point that I dont really care if he goes to jail for this or not. I want my name out of this mess. I think he paid March payment for the insurance even thou I had already called and informed them not to reinstate it as I am out of state and he may try to do it which he did. He did not hand in the plates but I faxed the paperwork in so I am ok.

Now I am thinking what would happen to him if I say all of these thing..will it be considered forgery or criminal/ illegal? But then I dont want to be the one held responsible for his mess not again....

I guess i know what I have to just needed someone to tell me its ok he let him start paying for his actions...

Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

broken101,

It is better than okay to let him pay for his actions. It is good recovery.
He is responsible for him, and still he tried to do something illegal.
I am so glad you took care of yourself here. What a relief, huh?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
broken101,

What a relief, huh?
yes it is a relief it feels so good. And this was the same guy who told me karma will get me so good...but he forgot that i did noone worng he is the one that did wrong and i guess Karma did bite him in the butt sorry i cant help but

But i am thankful he is alive and his pain will heal haha
Old 03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So after ex car accident yesterday he called me sayig that the car was insured and regristered in my name and he is leaving me to pick up the pieces...but there is a higher power out there looking after me BY LAW AS PER DMV I AM NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR CAR AS THEY HAVE PROOF THAT I SOLD CAR TO HIM....

So he has some crap coming his way as the car was neither regristed nor insured....karma is a real bitch...do good and good will follow do bad and you will get what you deserve.

Girls out there please dont put yourself on the line for any guy if he truly loves you he will not putting you in any type of risk..
Old 03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So glad that you took the necessary steps to protect yourself, broken, and it PAID OFF!! I can appreciate this even more because for the last few days (and especially after that whole FB debacle last night) I have found myself secretly hoping that karma will come back around to my XA, and sooner rather than later!! But it's also something I struggle with, as I'm not normally a 'vengeful' person, and I've always been content to sit back and let karma do its job in the past....but for some reason, I'm having trouble doing that this time, even though everyone keeps reassuring me that he will get his. A part of me just wants him to hurt as much as he hurt me, and honestly, I feel ashamed to admit that. I mean, God, if something happened to him physically, and especially if, well, you know....I would feel absolutely horrible (not to mention guilty, even though it's not my fault that he chooses to continue to use and put his life on the line every time). But I also continue to pray for him every night, even on nights like last night, when I don't really want to. I pray for God to help him through the mess that his life is fast becoming, to help him stop drinking/using and for him to come out the other side stronger, healthier and happier, even though it won't be with me. So even though I feel bad for wanting him to get his, I temper that with praying for him every night - but only AFTER I pray for myself first! The old me would have prayed ONLY for him and never even thought about myself, but no more! Anyway, I'm so very glad this worked out for you and that you don't have to worry about it - WELL DONE, girlie!!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

EverHopeful,
Thank you. The old me would have never taken the necessary steps to protect myself from him as 'he would never do that he loves me too much". I don't think addicts or at least my ex knows the meaning of that word.

And it's ok to have thoughts like that but give it time it does have a way of coming back to them in the way God see fits. My ex had 3 yes 3 (2 of which I brought) cars given to him and he totaled 2 and one is a no good as he put so much miles on it going to his ex ( the car I brought him and I am still paying for) now he has no car. I wanted and yes I would admit I prayed for him to get hurt the way he hurt me, and maybe this is his wakeup call to grow up and take responsibility. (he ran a red light and crashed into a van with a family in it thank God no one was seriously hurt) though I did not want him to get physically hurt I wanted him not to have anything what was handed to him and now he doesn’t. the old me lived my life centered around him. I spent every minute thinking about him what is he doing why is he late call me or coming home. ENOUGH.
I always pray for those I love and care for and I still care for and love him but I will never allow him the change to hurt me ever again. God will see the appropriate karma for him just give it time maybe 10 years from now maybe 10 minutes but that why there is a say only do and wish good for others cause u never know when it could turn around on you. Don't be ashamed it part of the healing process. U will get over it.