View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lifewillgetbet

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Are you going to AA meetings in TO ??

All the best.

Bob R
I actually live in Sauga. And yes. I go to 2-3 a week. My boss wont give me the 3 weeks off I need for grinder therapy. He is not understanding at all. And I can understand were he is coming from because I am Director of Sales for US and Canada. It sux and my company will sink for a month that I am not here. So every day (or as much as possible) I go to AA. The other days I see my Addiction Therapist. He helps too.
The strange thing that I have read within this forum is Alcohol has a hold on me. Sure I can go sober for long periods of time (longest 1.5 years). Now its like 1-2 months off, then raging for 2 weeks and punishing myself. Then 1-2 months off, then raging again. I dont get myself in trouble or anything, no jail, never been arrested, no DUI, nothing. I can say it has really affected my job performance though.
AA for sure helps , so does my therapist, but the therapist is very very expensive.
I am still trying to learn ways to kick this crap out of my life forever but it has proven to be more difficult then I thought.
Typically my doctor would drown me in pills, but Im not doing that anymore!!! If I falter I will be punished.

Thanks for reading.