View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
jkb

Hi SoberKnitter,
I say if you want to count... count away. If it helps you to feel that your accomplishing something... I dont see the harm in it. After I relapsed I quit counting. Not really on purpose but, because I just didn't see the value in it. Of-course I know the date of my relapse but, to me it just doesn't mean too much now. It has become about "now". However, I am sure I may have a bit more "happy-in-my-head" on 30 days or 60 or whatever.

Non-
I love what you say about the myseterious compulsion to drink. THAT WAS ME... I could not understand why I kept drinking. I knew I didn't really want to but, felt I could not stop. The down side of my relapse is that my beast is keeping that info as ammo against me...It says "Oh but, you did drink despite your big plan". It is trying to make me second guess myself.

Soberlicious and Fresh-
It is a nice happy thought that this beast will quiet down so I thank you for that and Fini... if you read through this thread you wil see I was a goal-setter. I just wasn't aware of it. Maybe thats why I have to not "count days".

lots of great insight here for a newbie like me to all of you.
Non- we are definitely going to be ok... and SoberKnitter... you are one of us now... dont go anywhere...lol Jess