Thread: Blew it again.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lifewillgetbet

Blew it again.

I was doing so well, I was almost 3 weeks then I caved in to the darkness. This darkness was bad and evil. Almost cost me my job. 2 weekends ago I didnt have any medication so I decided to just sweat it out in bed and watch movies. It was horrible. I was seeing things that were not there, sweating, shaking. Almost hospital worthy.
Happy to be back on track on day 10. Avoiding everything that has to do with Alcohol. I moved out of my condo I lived with my alcoholic friends with to a new (even better condo) Feel amazing again. Really had some time to sole search.
I was told by my doctor that it takes 10 days for the "Alcohol Brain" be restored and I truly believe it. I was making mistakes all over the place. Incompetent, unreliable, and just plain dumb. There was no hiding it, I was an Idiot.
10 days clean I am at 95%, sleep is being restored.
Back to being a rockstar at work. That horrible withdrawal with zero medication really taught me a lesson.
Sure I regret being an Idiot, but I cant change it, all I can do now is be a better person. I had never been through withdrawal with no meds before. WOW what an eye opener. Alcohol has somewhat ruined my life. Time to restore and live the happy sober life again. It is much better. I went grocery shopping at 7am on Saturday. Only sober people can do that. Felt great to have all my chores done by 9am so I could lounge, eat and exercise properly. For 2 weeks I fell so behind in my work I had to cancel my vacation to catch up!!! I am a somewhat functional alcoholic (somewhat) but I'm not myself and exhibit unusual behavior. Its the worst.
Well all I can say is it took pure punishment of full withdrawal to really straighten my act out. No more pills, no more booze, no more weed, no more anything for me.
Back on track and I am staying this way.

Wish you all the best.