Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by TotalFreedom View Post
Hello,
My situation is as follows:

In the past I did have 2 or 3 days where I wouldn't drink every once in a while. And it was pretty typical. Some sweating. Trouble sleeping. Nothing bad really.

I've been through a medical examination and remarkably I have no damage at all, except for a slightly fatty liver which is reversible. That, and the lack of any major withdrawal, leads me to believe that I'm lucky to be someone whose body tolerates alcohol well.

But it was ruining my life and I just didn't want it anymore. So I quit.

This is my story so far. Nice to meet you all. I look forward to the discussions.

Their beliefs and philosophy and my own don't match though and what I am doing is working for me.

TF
Free, There is absoluteley other ways to sobriety you are right, AA worked for me, but is what you are doing really working for you??? Didn't you say your last drink was yesterday. Maybe you should give it a month to see if it is really working and I hope your way works but if it doesn't then explore other routes to recovery. *I wish you the best. I really do my friend!

I had a higher tolerance, all that meant for me was I stayed out there longer and hit a lower bottom.