View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Coldfusion
Sobriety is Traditional

Congrats, fantail! Give my regards to Nob Hill!

I am naturally anti-social, I have almost always lived in rural areas. I really have to make an effort to be social. The first thing I looked at when I saw this thread was, "Where is the OP?" And of course, you live in the most awesome city in the world. My favorite by far--I've been all over the world, lived in the Bay Area two years. If you had been from just about anyplace else in the world, I would have thought that I could offer no support... But in San Francisco, there is no reason to feel isolated and if you need space there are plenty of peaceful locations.

I am currently working on my social anxieties by going to several AA meetings a week. So my tip would be to go to a meeting, and I also think this is an issue that might affect your sobriety. San Francisco is better than Honolulu, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Miami, Seattle, Portland, London, Auckland, and Suva (in my opinion). Christchurch, NZ, is the only other city I have liked nearly as much as San Francisco.