View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

"I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want a teenager, who is all over the place, dealing with growing up, in charge of MY moods"
I love that.......

Julez
Bringing up all of the specifics of the whys I was/am the way I was/am was a very painful process (boy.....that was an awkward statement).....but it was extremely cathartic because I was able to let things go little by little. I did this process with a very loving sponsor who never judged me.....she always gently encouraged me.....and I love her so very much for that.

I think it's important to remember that being codependent is just one little piece of who I am but it does not define my entire being. And I am empowered to change all of those things that I listed. I love myself. I am not perfect but love me....warts and all. I have a whole list of wonderfully good qualities too.....and some of them are the same as those on the list above.....just stated a little differently. And the best thing that has come of my own self exploration.....is that I can laugh.....I find humor in things that I never thought I'd find humor in. I use to take myself waaaaaay too seriously......I use to cringe or hide if I made a mistake......I would be so humiliated and I'd hope no one else would notice....I was pathetically perfectionist. And now......I can LAUGH....a deep from the bottom of my belly laugh! Because the human condition is often very humorous.

gentle hugs
ke