Old 03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Bewilderment

Originally Posted by stucna View Post
After that at one point he just never replied to my text or pick up the phone anymore, Without any explanation. I've got no clue what's going on and it's killing me as I started to blame it on myself. And at the end of the day Ive done nothing bad and hurtful to anybody and I can look in the mirror with dignity.

Hugs for you x
That happened to me too. I'm sorry, I know it hurts! I hear "no contact" is supposed to be helpful, but I have had varying success with that. I did send him a msg after I found out about this proposal, but then blocked him.

Of course, now that he's proposed to another woman, I am filled with doubts about myself- am I ugly? fat? uninteresting? What?? People's posts are helping, people seem to be saying that it's because I'm not supporting his alcohol abuse. If that's common, maybe that's what happened in your case too.

I tried to go to an Alanon meeting today but can't find one near me today. I will go when I find one.

Let's keep reading & posting. It doesn't feel like it will get better, but I guess it will.