Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lily1918

dasiy.... I say this with compassion... when are you going to make the decision to take the focus off of his addiction and turn it to yourself and what makes you happy... instead of dwelling on how to fix and help your BF? Wendy couldn't make Peter Pan leave Neverland until he was ready, just like tinkerbell couldn't make him love her the way she wanted him to. Wendy wasted every night of her life sitting by the window until he returned, and poor tinkerbell wasted away because all of her happy thoughts were Peter. Yes. He did return, but in his own time, and in his own way, without any help from anyone.
just my two cents take it or leave it. sometimes, well... most times... the help and support needs to come from a sponsor or counsellor or other third party... at least in my case... its none of my business. I have absolutely no clue how many days clean Boo is, what step he is on, or any of that... sounds crazy, but its none of my business. I know he is clean because recovery looks like recovery. That's all that matters.

that being said, I believe this article is very informative. Recovery really is a sink or swim kind of thing. I know its hard to believe, but they don't need anything at all from us. No money, no clothes, no nothing. If they want it they will do anything and everything to achieve it, and cut out anything and everything that stands in the way... true that we all crawl then walk then run, and fall and stumble all the way... but ... (sigh) idk what Im trying to say... if hey are capable of getting drugs all by themselves then they can get sober all by themselves....

hugs to you
keep doing you ok?