View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
jaz06

Ozark, congrats on 6 mos. & thanks for the great post! "All that any of us can do is to keep striving for happiness and it will not truly be found with alcohol involved." Couldn't be more true my friend.

Well91, sorry for your slip, but thank you for your honesty. If you need to post elsewhere for extra support, than do that, but don't stop posting here. Look how much I've screwed up and I end up back here everytime, welcomed with open arms. Funny you talk about how being hungover felt normal. It did to me too. When I first started waking up sober, I felt AMAZING...only to realize, hey, this is how I'm supposed to feel. It's sad to think how many years I've wasted feeling like crap but was just used to it.

Eli, great post as well friend! The early days are the worst. That's where I find myself again. Well91, be proud that you didn't let it go past that one day. This really sucks! Back to the minute by minute, insomnia, having to surf those urges (just got done doing that minutes ago), have recently added a couple episodes to the shameful & embarrassing moments in my life, body feeling bloated and I'm a bit depressed. Eli, I think it's good to go back to those posts...reminds you of what it was like. I don't want any of you to have to start this far back...it's much easier picking yourself up & dusting off after a little slip.

But here I am. I've got my gloves back on.

SBTS, glad to hear you're putting up such a good fight. That's got to be tough. But you're doing it!! Keep pushing through, enjoy your vacation and the warm weather! Still sitting here in several feet of snow in the Great White North! Ugh.

To all of you who are doing so well, congrats and big hugs!!! To those of you struggling, hold my hand, we're in this together!!

Everyone have a wonderful, safe & sober day!
Jaz