View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ForMy2Boys

Originally Posted by RightLAine View Post
I have two kids and the reason I am quitting is bc of them. My mother passed away from cirrohis 2 years ago. I to know how ugly this disease can become and yet I continue to drink. Most bad decisions I have made in my life are b/c alcohol is involved. And I to know that I cannot have just 1. It never works....ever. I joined this site last week and have found it to be a very useful support system. I have woke up the past two mornings completly sober and feeling great. I am just fighting the cravings for it now. Good luck to you. We can all do this together
All the best to you. This site is wonderful. I was nervous at first about trying to quit drinking and constantly seeing alcohol related posts. But I now feel it will give me a better chance and success. Every time I have tried to quit before, I would constantly be thinking of alcohol or wondering if I could just have it "one last time" This is much better than having my brain try to trick me into a drink. Hearing other peoples stories is inspiring and has put perspective on why I am doing what I am doing. We can and will beat this!!!