Old 03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tallie45

I just joined this site tonight and made my first post on the newcomers section. I happened to come across this post so am copying it over. Here is my story.

I find it odd that I am joining another site for support for my son. The last one I joined was called Navy for Moms. It was a great support site that I was addicted to while my son was in the Navy and in boot camp. I made great friends there from other moms and find myself again searching for support, in a much different way.

My son is 22. He served in the military for 18 months and smoked pot to get out. Did his time in the brig like it was nothing. He has struggled with drug use many of his young years. Next month it would have been 2 years since he was discharged. He got his own place and a new job. Life was good, so I thought. I found out 2 weeks ago his is both using and selling meth. I panicked, How could this happen? We reached out and tried to talk and I knew this time it was out of my hands. I contacted Family First Intervention on line and had a professional flown in last Monday. The first day was family day and I learned more about myself that day than I had in years. I WAS the Guilty Party! The Queen enabler! Oh my god, how could I have allowed myself to cushion his life to the extent of creating a meth addict. I blamed myself! Thank god for the wonderful counselor who taught me different.

Tuesday was the intervention. Many family members pleaded and cried and it lasted 4.5 hours. I thought we had him a couple of times, but the meth had won. He walked out. I had to shut off his phone, tell him I loved him and was no longer going to watch him kill himself. It has been a week with no contact. Part of me is deiing inside and part of me wants to start my own recovery. I am here for help on how to go forward. I am still in contact with the counselors and have a wonderful treatment facility that will take him in immediately for a 7week inpatient program and 18months follow up. (I have wonderful insurance). But only he can make the decision to go. My rock bottom is not the same as his. My rock bottom was hit last week. My rock bottom has already stolen my loving son from me.

I look forward to familiarizing myself with this site and sharing stories with other parents and loved ones. My Navy mom support group was criticial in helping me. We feared for our loved ones lives going into harms way to serve our country. We leaned on eachother day and night for support as one by one they were shipped off into harms way.

I again fear for my sons life, its just a different terrorist this time. This one is known by the name of Crystal Meth. God Speed to you all