View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
shauninspain

Yes, indeed. The perverse way that our mind has in processing information in favour of taking a drink is amazing. I can totally understand where you are coming from. Sometimes it really does feel that my brain has been corrupted by something dark, and sinister. The image of a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other springs to mind.

I read something yesterday on here which had an effect on me. The poster said that when they begin to have drinking thoughts and they imagine and see in their mind the warm friendly atmosphere of the pub, the music, the laughter etc etc, they carry on watching the ´film´as they refferred to it to the end credits. They see the police car, the handcuffs, the proson cell, the court room judge, the fearful faces of their children, the disgust in their wifes eyes etc etc etc.

That stopped me in my tracks as I never get past the fun part of the film. And I go to get a drink. From now on I will definately be putting it in to practice and imagining the whole story of what happens when I take a drink.