Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
PippiLngstockng

Ok, I am returning to this thread because I have to tell someone! And my same-age friends here are all settled down and wouldn't get this.

There's this absolutely beautiful man that's been subbing at my gym. Since the pneumonia last month, I am saving my lungs and not doing my usual long runs til it warms up. So lots of extra gym time.

And this teacher is - whew! And the thing is, he's actually nice and we've gotten to talking. And he's not younger than me like most of my guy friends. And I can keep up with him in the class when every else is bailing and I like to mirror his dance moves. He has energy, he's funny and speaks, like, loads of languages.

We exchanged such a look last Friday that I afterwards just wanted to hide under my covers for a few days. Geez. Then he sought me out at the gym today before class. He asked if I wanted to go out for coffee before class next week. I said sure. But yikes! I don't know what just happened. I can't tell anyone because they won't approve. I am not even sure that I do. I am totally intimidated by his physique - did I say that he's beautiful?! I am not the only gal that has eyes for him so why does he like me and not one of the sweet young things?

I don't know how I ever dated before. Except back them I had never been married to a whacko A. Sometimes with men I just become the old me that I was before my AH. And it's so nice to remember that gal that I was and be her again for a bit!!! Life without the lies and distortions and cruelty. When I could also be admired by someone, who would see me as nice or fun, not as this nasty mother-of-sorts that is always reprimanding...

Should I go have a coffee with this nice man?! If I even touch one of his biceps I am going to be LOST.