View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marie23

Confusion abounds

Hello,
I have had problems with drinking in the past. I know that my problems are not normal because I have had blackouts before but only on rare occassion. I only socially drank before so it was not something I did addictively but rather just while hangout out with friends (sometimes I didn't even drink it didn't matter that much to me). I know I should never get drunk and I don't even want to risk drinking because of the possibility of having a blackout so I'm all set on not drinking but I'm just not sure if I really need to go to AA. I think, sure it might help but there's also places online where I actually feel more comfortable talking to people and reading their stories and sharing mine and helping others. I also just started going to counseling too so thinking maybe online AA and counseling could be just as good? I just really had a bad experience with AA before and don't want to feel attacked because I said something wrong or used the wrong phrase. It makes me feel even worse and I can't stand to feel worse at the moment.