Thread: Reality check
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
honeypig

Pippi, thanks for the thoughts! I suspect you're right about the space providing some perspective. There are 2 things that make it a bit more troublesome for me to get that space, one being that I am a medical transcriptionist and work from home, so I don't even get out of the house for work, and the other being that for the first time in our relationship (hell, for the first time in my adult LIFE, and I am 52!) I do not have a full-time job and $$ are more of an issue than they have been in several years.

HOWEVER--w/that said, I am doing what I can within those confines to see a world and a life outside what I have right now. As a matter of fact, I just came back from a short run w/a group at one of the local running stores and feel so much better, at least for now, and I will take anything I can get at this point! I plan to start attending the "fun runs" of the local running club on Wednesday evenings (starts on April 10).

My brother has offered me the use of his house if I need/want, and he tends to be gone a lot, so I may set up a 3-day weekend there soon when he's away and just attend some meetings, read and take long walks. I have been going to 3 Alanon meetings a week, so that's another few days a week I'm with other people and in another place for at least a while. I'll keep looking for other ways to get some space and let the mental/emotional tornado wind down a little.

Putting one foot in front of the other, with many thanks to all here.