View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MysticCat

need fresh perspective

Ok, I am going out on a limb here, but I need unbiased opinions. I have been married for five years to an A. He doesnt admit he has a problem. When he has been drinking (which is every night) he gets beligerent, and somewhat verbally abusive, especially to my teenage daughter who is not his. We have two young children together. So, this is my dilemma. By no fault of my own, I have met someone who I seem to have a deep connection with. This man found me and is pursuing me. I find myself falling for him, and feeling like he was brought into my life for a reason. Although I have done nothing wrong, not acted on these feelings, I cannot get him out of my head and I am feeling really guilty for this. (he doesnt drink at all) He wants to be with me. He has made it clear that when the time is right, we will be together. He has respected all my wishes of giving me space and not pressuring me. I wont lie, thoughts of leaving my husband has crossed my mind in the past, but I am feeling a bit blindsided by this whole new situation. I am not a newcomer, I have been dealing with the 12 steps my whole life. I work my program, and I have been detached for a while now, just living the motions of being married, but very lonely. So I pose this question, what would you all do if this were you? I am really having trouble deciding between my heart and my head. And ironically enough, I dont want to hurt my A! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

MysticCat