View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jlo34
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Swampy,

Welcome to early sobriety. Remember, mentally you are at the age where you were when you began drinking. Things will change. You didn't get the way you are overnight, you can't expect to be "fixed" overnight. Takes time, all good things take time. Congrats on 14 days, a milestone in and of itself. One day at a time, you can do it. Keep going to meetings, get the phone numbers - USE THEM (MEN'S!!!). Call day or night, when you're feeling squirrely, always remember to call if you feel like drinking and definitely before you decide to drink. The squirrel cage runs rampant. The miracle is happening, just not in your time. Be patient, it will come, as long as you do what you are suppose to do. Did you get a sponsor yet? Home group? Get involved, saved my butt more than once. Get to the meetings early and help set up, stay late and help clean up. Go out after the meeting with sober people. These are all some of the very best meetings. We can do it, stay strong. Don't be afraid to ask for help (you already have - wasn't too bad was it?). We're here for you and so is your group. Let them know how you feel as well. You'll be surprised at how much support you will find.

I will also add you to my prayers tonight. Don't forget, 90 meetings in 90 days; if you don't like what you've seen, we'll gladly refund your misery. It's your choice. We're pulling for ya.

Love,
Jen