Thread: I miss him. :(
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
pianogirl1193

Honestly I know it is really hard to let go..I am going through a breakup and it is sooo hard! But my advice would be to not get back together with him...at least not yet. Even if he is 4 months sober..that's good, but it's not really much time. I told my XBF i would only consider getting back together with him if he showed me 6 solid months of recovery. And, most people say you should wait at least a year. Early recovery is so rocky. Relapse is likely. I don't want to say that he WILL relapse..I hope he doesn't! But you just don't know. Like you said,
We text every now and then, and I know it is completely wrong. I can't help it.. He's like my addiction. I am constantly thinking about him, wondering what he's doing, how he's doing.. He says he's clean -- but how would I know? He's 2 hours away.. Would I ever be able to trust him again?
He is your addiction!!! My ex is mine too. IMO, it is not healthy to be in a relationship when that is the way you feel about someone (that you NEED them, that you can't survive without him). In my situation, I try to tell myself, whatever is meant to happen will happen. I truly believe that. If you guys are meant to be together, you will be. But for now......I wouldn't do it...too soon.

Just my 2 cents! Sorry you are struggling with this!