View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kiloco

How do you trust again?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. My boyfriend was admitted to the hospital for severe Delerium Tremens at the end of January, he was so bad that it was touch and go as to whether he would recover physically/mentally. He's on the road to recovery now but the problem is that he was able to hide his alcoholism from EVERYONE! No one had a clue! we have only been dating for 6 months but I didn't see it at all. He was able to hide it so well and function fully and never actually got "drunk", he held a full time job and so when all this happened it came as a shock to many people. After that his family cleaned out his house and that was when we discovered the extent of his drinking. The found 89 empty bottles of hard liquor hidden all over the house in places no one else would think to go.

He says that he understands everything and he currently still on the psychiatric unit at the hospital. He has been there for the last 7 weeks and they are trying to get him into a rehab facility but that is going to take time. He says that he just wants to go home and get back to normal but we all think he needs to go to rehab. But we know that it has to be his decision.

Sorry for rambling on a bit! My thing is that I want to believe him and not always doubt him but I'm not sure how I can trust him again, does it get easier?

Any/all comments are appreciated!