View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Branches

Good Morning, Fellow Marchers -

I've been reading all the posts - you guys are so awesome!

To all the Day One newbies, in a little over a week you will be able to add a zero to that 1, and it feels great to be at 10. You can do it. Just for today you can do it, and then tomorrow you'll feel so proud of yourself you'll do it again.

Does anyone else feel like their brain just kicked in, much like a computer that's been in "sleep mode" and has been reactivated? I find myself thinking, thinking, thinking about my life, where I've been, why I've been, what I want to do now, how to be healthy - trying to practice owning my own feelings and being honest about them, yet expressing them in a way slightly more gentle and respectful than a flamethrower. Re-examining all I was taught about emotions and how to handle them. And just seeing the input here from my other Marchers - your insight, humor, raw honesty, frankness -gives me new inspiration and new resolve. At first I was mourning the loss of my drinking - like it was something being done to me and I was reluctantly going along with for the sake of my health and my marriage - now I'm beginning to want to fight for this awesome feeling of being really alive.