Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Stop psycho analyzing him. You want an answer to *why* he is acting why he is acting. He doesn't fit the mold of descriptions on here of a nasty, belligerent addict. According to you, he is gentle and kind, tender and sincere. Supporting, loving, affectionate and interested.

You know what - I believe you. Now here is the way it is - for whatever reason he is no longer pursuing the relationship. I don't know if its his recovery or what but he is going from a different direction than you. Is a a manipulative liar? Dunno, we watch way to many movies and make things way more complicated than they are. Stick with facts and actions. His actions are saying he is not into a relationship. Period.

Its very painful, and illogical what he has done - please keep in mind that people without addiction issues DO THE SAME. If you have abandonment issues then you need to solve those for yourself. You can't put that on someone else lest you end up thinking that every person in the world is going to leave you eventually. There is no script in life. I tell my husband that often - he used to tell me how I could have said things "better", or in the future when you (me) need to tell me (him) some bad news I need you to do A), B) and C) in your delivery. Really? What difference does it make? It I wrecked the car shouldn't I say 'I wrecked the car" as opposed to "dear, are you having a good day? You are? Ok well I have some news. First let me say its not that bad. I don't want you to get upset and there is nothing to get upset over. I wrecked the car".

In other words - what better way could he have ended this that would have been less painful for you? I think the result would have been the same no matter what he said and yeah I think he is taking the p***y way out by giving you slight mixed signals.

Try and work on your detachment, stop trying to get inside his head - you can't. You did nothing wrong. There is nothing you could have done that would have changed this. What you can do is take control of YOUR life and move along without his issues.