Old 03-12-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
PippiLngstockng

I've just about always had a man or men in my life sonce I was 16. My father is disabled mentally/emotionally and so I suppose I seek men out more than some might. I guess I was lucky in that lots of guys seemed to have crushes on me. And I love outdoor and endurance sports where I am often one of few women in a crowd of guys.

Since being unofficially separated from STBX 18 months ago, there have been a few romances developing that I let remain innocent flirtations. Strangely, I am in my forties but the first two fellows are 30. Then there was a guy my age, but he freaked that AH's bike was still in my storage area - meaning that I am still married. Even though I just thought we were meeting up for a walk and a coffee or something. Men my age can grasp my situation, whereas the younger ones are more willing to let go of implications and just go out and have a good time already.

The guy I really adore and he makes me so comfortable and myself, if you will, is unfortunately half my age. I don't flirt with him but I do love every minute I am around him! I think it's okay to be friends with him though. It's a pity about our age difference. His father is an alcoholic and I think that is part of why we connect.

I like dating and look forward to having some fun outings with guy friends. But a serious relationship?! No way!

After what I have been through, I just want to have fun!