Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SoaringSpirits

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
A huge disadvantage on online dating--as opposed to the old-fashioned kind--is that, no matter how good they look on paper, you have no idea what you are in for until the "unveiling".
I SO appreciate this thread. It makes me feel like I am not alone. I'm 44 and my AH and I were together 20 years. We've been separated for two years now. My focus is on raising our kids and embracing singlehood (love it most of the time, but it's an adjustment...). But I'm lonely at times and just wish I could have dinner and conversation with someone. Just that, a nice time out.

My AH has one of those online dating accounts and a single female friend in the area clued me in. I saw his profile and can relate to the "look good on paper" thing. Online, he looks like quite a catch, handsome, successful, in great shape, funny, educated, a non-smoker (lie) and social drinker (lie) who is "very romantic" (lie) and "loves to cook" (lie). Seeing his profile made me think twice about the online dating thing. What other recycled alcoholic husbands are out there? Talk about false advertising.