Thread: Messed up
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marie23

Thanks for the support

I am new to AA. I always felt that there was a stigma around going to AA but now I realize that maybe that just what people have made it out to be because drinking has become such a part of social life that nobody wants anyone to quit-not really sure. I know a few people that don't drink when they go out though and nobody really cares. They can have fun and just drink a soda-just happy to be out and be themselves. That's how I want to be! I want to stop beating myself up over my mistakes-I can be really hard on myself. Does every alcoholic relapse? Some people in my family are pretty disappointed in me and think that I won't change-i'm 26 so this has not been going on that long but I understand their worry. It was only a few incidents that I realized that I really had a problem that would not go away by ignoring it so I admitted it to myself but I thought maybe moving would help-now I see that it follows you wherever you go so I just gotta fix me . Should I stop talking to these family members for a while because they are making me feel even worse and more screwed up. I know that they think that by "babying" me I will never learn of get help. But I know I need help and I'm actually going to AA tonight. Plus I am going to go to counseling and go back to church and bible study. What else should I do?