Notices

Messed up

Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Messed up

Hello,
I\m 26 and have messed up with alcohol too many times in my life. After the last one a few days ago where I lost my purse and phone I\ve had it. This has happened probably 2 or 3 times a year where I have too much and can\t remember the next day/needless to say that is abnormal and it needs to change. I\m fed up with myself and know I can\t continue to ruin my life and reputation. I feel really depressed and ashamed. I wish there was someone I could talk to now but I can\t get onto the chat line cause it doesn\t work with my computer
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome you will find many people here will respond throughout the day. We have all been where you are now. I have been many times. It gets better. If you commit to being sober you can replace your things and people will forgive and forget. Look through the threads here and the different sections of the forum and you will find out that you are not alone in this struggle and we are all here to help you. As for the problems with chat there is a sticky on the main page of this site that will help you fix them. Keep your head up and stay sober and I promise you it will get better.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

You'll find lots of support here.

I also lost my purse when I was drinking and had to go through the nonsense of replacing driver's licence, credit cards, etc. What a mess! You never have to go through that again.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome

I understand what a horrid feeling it is to not remember the night before and loose things. Look on the bright side though, it could of been far worse than your purse.

One of the reasons I gave up drinking were the blackouts and the memory loss.
I can honestly say I do not miss it and I love the peace in my head that comes from not wondering what happened and what did I do.

Life might be a little dull at times, but thank goodness it is peaceful.

Keep coming here and reading and posting.
It's nice to have you here
xxxx
Old 03-10-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Marie

make sure your Java is updated - thats the most common reason people can't get into chat

D
Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support

I am new to AA. I always felt that there was a stigma around going to AA but now I realize that maybe that just what people have made it out to be because drinking has become such a part of social life that nobody wants anyone to quit-not really sure. I know a few people that don't drink when they go out though and nobody really cares. They can have fun and just drink a soda-just happy to be out and be themselves. That's how I want to be! I want to stop beating myself up over my mistakes-I can be really hard on myself. Does every alcoholic relapse? Some people in my family are pretty disappointed in me and think that I won't change-i'm 26 so this has not been going on that long but I understand their worry. It was only a few incidents that I realized that I really had a problem that would not go away by ignoring it so I admitted it to myself but I thought maybe moving would help-now I see that it follows you wherever you go so I just gotta fix me . Should I stop talking to these family members for a while because they are making me feel even worse and more screwed up. I know that they think that by "babying" me I will never learn of get help. But I know I need help and I'm actually going to AA tonight. Plus I am going to go to counseling and go back to church and bible study. What else should I do?