View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
shinebright7

((hugs)) So sorry you're in this situation. I can really relate to what you shared with the hiding and the lying. So frustrating and hurtful and enraging!

My husband also goes for Rx pills when he uses and sometimes mixes with alcohol. Yikes. There have been other harder drugs in his past before we were together too. It is absolutely maddening to be lied to. Ugh. Especially when you have a sense of trust built between you. But when it comes to someone with an addiction and their pills, trust is not anything they're thinking about.

I agree with the other replies above that some kind of support for you would be really helpful. I ran to Al Anon right away and it has soooo saved my butt and my sanity.

It is also REALLY good that you came to this forum and posted for support. There are so many amazing people here who have been through what we have been through.

Hang in there, LostWife. It really sucks and hurts right now, and it might for awhile, but it gets better as we start finding ways to help ourselves.

In Al Anon they talk about how we can't cure it, we can't control it, and we can't cause it. Your husband is going to keep doing what he does until HE decides that he doesn't want to do it anymore.

In the meantime, you need to find ways to support you and take care of yourself and your daughter to ensure your own safety and well-being. I believe you when you say your husband is a good man. 100%. My dear husband is wonderful too.

But they are also sick with addiction. And it is a sickness. Which gets worse over time if it is not treated. I agree with English Garden's suggestion to read Chapter 2 & 3 in the AA Big Book. You can find it online for free. And also Chapter 8 - For Wives. I found that extremely helpful on the night I went to my first meeting and felt like my life was falling apart.

Big hugs and keep coming back to the forum here to get support. You're not alone. xo