Old 03-10-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
GiveHimBack2me

I understand that most people go from detox to an impatient program but this being his first time in treatment and being our family's primary breadwinner, it was in agreement between myself, my husband and his doctors at the facility that his treatment plan consisted of a week of inpatient detox, followed by a 10 week intensive outpatient program that consists of a 3-hour group meeting every weekday (before he goes into work) and mandatory NA meetings on the weekends, (obviously encouraged any other day they can be squeezed in.) We also do get a few marriage counseling sessions as part of the program and our first session is Tuesday.

I must say, however, I am so far blown away at the progress my husband has been making in these groups. Turns out he was just as nervous on his first day coming home, and we ended up laying in our bed all afternoon and into the night talking more over a 12 hour spam than we had in years and it hasn't stopped. He says this weight that has been lifted is better than he ever imagined. I've never known him to brr this open and talkative. I don't want to sound foolish, or as if my head is in the clouds, because I very much understand the reality of how long we have to go, but I know this person better than anyone else in the world and I have to tell you, I am pleasantly shocked at what these people are doing for him and I can't wait to meet them and become a part of his recovery there as well as here. Thank you for your support and prayers:-)