Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mcpreng

I need info on getting an addiction counselor specializing in non twelve step...

My husband and I need info on getting an addiction counselor specializing in non twelve step recovery in georgia. He is overwhelmed and feels really defeated. He has been calling off our insurance list after 6 months of sobriety (he had a IV opiate addiction and relapsed on pot). He got sober with AA but horrible issues with his sponsor breaking his trust around his 3 month mark so he ended up quitting his meetings and sponsor. Seemed to be fine, now this happened. Needless to say, he's really spooked. I have offered to help to find a counselor for him since he is putting in leg work on it as well. It's been really hard to find a counselor that doesn't say AA or the highway. Do y'all have any recommendations on how to find a non 12 step counselor? We need to find one on our insurance too... Please PM me and I can tell y'all more specifics on city and insurance if you need the specifics. We are in desperate need of advice right now. We are also wondering how treatment procedes in a non twelve step setting? I guess it depends on the program that the patient and the counselor decide on? Thanks.