Thread: Surrender
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood Him.
—Step Three of Al-Anon
When I began recovery, I ran right to this step without doing a thorough Step 1 and 2 (they seemed so obvious to me I skipped right over them). Until I acknowledged my lack of power over others and believed that God, as I understood God, could do for me what I could not do for myself, I was able to hand my life over to God but I always took it back again...and could not figure out why it wasn't working.

Once I got the hang of it, I loaded poor God right up. Any time I could not manage, I prayed and gave it to God. What a relief to unload the burden, what a relief to feel God at work in my life, helping me every day.

Today I pray each morning and ask to be led...not by my codependency, not by my son's addiction, but by God. With faith and gratitude, I just ask God to show me the way and then pay attention to the signs along the path.

Thanks for this reminder to let myself be led, LMN. Something I needed to read this morning.

Hugs