View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Percussion

Originally Posted by Mirage74 View Post
Tough start to the weekend for me. I think my withdrawals are really kicking in. I wonder if I need to go to a detox center. My whole body is telling me to go get some booze. Im sure I won't get much sleep tonight.

Newguy, I can really relate to how youre feeling. Can't live with alcohol, can't live without it. I heard someone describe it one time that it's like being out in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean. You're alive, but in a really bleak situation. I know that's how I feel...thanks everyone for posting
I've actually screamed in my car numerous times out of no where that I just want to drink, pulled into a parking lot, even walked in on occasion and ran out. The employees probably thought I stole something or was crazy. But the gripping of the steering wheel, the crazy battle going on in my mind, the speeding, all signs of getting OVER something. I like the stray cat analogy the best, if you start feeding the stray cats, the more numerous the become. Once you stop feeding them, they are loud and crazy for a good while. But, if we can stop feeding them long enough thy go away. If you are having any serious physical complications please see a Doctor right away, but if you are just mentally struggling, you ave the power in you to shut your cravings down.