Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
legna

First, I hope it is okay to continue posting here...I know there is a friends and family section but it seems remarkably 12-step, which means it is remarkably god-centered. While I make the necessary adjustments day to day, I'm a bit more sensitive to <deleted inappropriate condescending description>...at the moment.

Anywho, we have an appointment with her mental health counselor and the addiction team on Monday which I hope to make. In the meantime, after 37 hours of detoxing, she's out using again. I'm doing alot of babysitting right now - not just her, but our financial situation, trying to find ways to mitigate the legal repercussions, etc. My point is, I haven't been able to write any updates ... well, seems like forever but probably has been only a day - but I've had time to sneak a peek and see if anyone has responded to this thread since yesterday.

Here's the reality of it, I'm hoping every time that I log on that they'll be a word of encouragement or two. I'm scared, I'm feeling alone, and I'm oscillating between just hanging on and feeling overwhelmed. Add to that mix that I'm now embarrassed cause I'm begging for help. And now I'm embarrassed that I'm embarrassed... heh, humor attempt covered in truth...