Thread: new to all this
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
graciousone

new to all this

Hi,

I'm sure this is a familiar story, my boyfriend is a heroin addict he was clean for over a year. he told me two days ago that he was using again, mostly after days of arguing and me telling him your lying so I'm done. after asking me not to end our relationship before he told me the truth, it seemed like things were going to be ok, but then the next day he did the same thing to me that he did in the first, not being able to explain what he did all day. why he didn't answer my calls, or return my texts in a reasonable time, meaning I texted him and didn't hear from him for 7 hours, his excuse i just got out of the shower. My response so you were in the shower for 7 hours. we didn't live together. finally after four days of this nonsense, He finally told me that he was using, my first reaction was he's lying his just mad cuz he doesn't like being questioned and he's trying to get rid of me (that was just momentary) I knew he was telling me the truth it was the only thing that made sense.

In his text he said I'm using again it's best if I leave you alone for now, and I don't want to talk, just left alone. I guess if I look back there were signs, though i never heard the slurred speech, I heard all the sniffling. and then there were times he seemed over excited plus he didn't seem to be eating properly. My question does he want to be left alone so he can continue to use without being questioned. He says he needs to get out of this mess b 4 he can be anything to me. He's working on it. what can i do to help. My friends and family says he's no good cut him loose and never talk to him again. I fell in love with a clean sober man. It's not that easy. i knew there's always that chance of relapse and we talked about it, in the sense that we would deal with that together if we needed to. any advice, it seems so harsh to abandon him.