View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
PreciousKitty

Originally Posted by fallingtogether View Post
Precious: congrats on a week, and the 9 months before that! You can do this!

Here's my opinion: husband may work so much because he didn't like what was happening at home, so work was a place for him to escape. Our addictions influence others actions and reactions, I think we need to respect out spouses space. Maybe he's not ready to participate, I'm not saying it's right, but there has to be a reason he works so much! Maybe by now it's just pure habit.

Children: adult or not need to be held accountable yes, but without emotion. All we can do is ask, and follow through with our end of the deal.

We are not responsible for the way people feel. We are not responsible for their actions or reactions. We are not responsible for anyone but ourselves. We need to keep lines of communication open, admit when we are wrong and apologize or make amends when we have wronged someone, however we don't need to constantly pick up the pieces to make someone else life more manageable. Our lives became unmanageable. My life was unmanageable, that's why I sought help for my drinking problem.

I don't have all the answers, I may not have any of the answers, but I hoped to hve helped a bit for you best wishes!!!
Falling, Oh yes, you and the others have helped so very much. I am so ready to do what I need to do. Knowing I have everyones supports here makes it so much easier.

I am so very grateful to have you all.