Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GiveHimBack2me

Very well said, Shinebright7... I wish you the very best of luck. The hardest part for me was putting my foot down, but when I really did, and he spent as month at his parents house and also had to come clean to them for the first time about his addiction and everything he has put his family through, THAT'S when he really started making things happen and not just talking about it and making empty promises. If your husband truly loves you and his addiction has ahold of him you need to make him be without you. Make him understand that he must choose to fight for the marriage with you, or fight hid addiction by himself because you don't want to watch him kill himself and leave you a widow.

I do intend to find a support group for myself, but we do have 2 children so a last-minute meeting tonight is not an option. I have missed him so much these past few days, its strange because I was fine when he was at his parents for a month, but this week in detox I've been very anxious.... Thank you for your response, I hope your heart and the Lord lead you in the right direction and your husband chooses to do what's right. You sound like your worth fighting for. I've always told mine that this is something we can do together and look back and say we survived, but he has to include me.