Old 03-06-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GiveHimBack2me

He comes home from rehab tomorrow, i need advise please !!!

So after years of buildup, his methadone addiction finally pushed me to my breaking point. Although I never tolerated it from the beginning, the pitiful attempts at fixing our marriage and getting "help" were going nowhere fast... When I found out around New Years that he had me believing he was clean for 6 months, which was an outright lie, I kicked him out and told him he couldn't come home until he found real rehabilitation, and he had to do it on his own. I wasn't doing it for him. And would you believe he found a program that our insurance covered that did a week long detox, followed by an intensive outpatient program where he attends groups for several hours every day but can go back to work. Too good to be true...? ... we find out soon, because he comes home from detox tomorrow, and now I'm freaking out. I've spent the last several years mad about him keeping his addiction a secret when he married me, and now I don't know how to act. How can I trust but not be a fool? How can I support but not let him forget about supporting me? How do I watch without prying ? I have waited so long to have the man I fell in love with back, and now I'm afraid I'll do something wrong. Can anyone with experience in this phase give me any important advise?