Thread: sports question
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ink2

This was great - thanks so much. I don't know how to say this without sounding condescending - because I'm SO not...I don't have enough self-confidence to be condescending - but one thing I would like that the AA meetings I attend don't offer is like-minded sports enthusiasts...I wish there was a support group of alcoholic athletes that could get together at the gym and support each other through training...reaching goals, etc. It's so hard as an alcoholic for me to reach any goals, and having training partners that understand the issues around that lack of discipline would really help me.

i told my shrink i was going to approach the university of toronto exercise physiology department at the university of toronto to see if any phd candidates wanted to do some some of thesis on returning to healthy after being an addict...and they could use me as a guinea pig.

so far i am managing to walk for an hour every day, no matter what the weather is or if i am hungover or not (which is often the case).

3 days of sobriety.

thanks again.